Student F1 Visa interviews will require the following documentation:
- Your Form I-20
- SEVIS I-901 receipt
- Signed passport (must be valid for 6 months after entry into the US)
- Transcripts or diplomas from current or previous institutions
- Program of study description
- Accommodation information
- Evidence of funds to cover tuition and living expenses for either the length of
your study or one year, whichever is shorter.
- Your local US Embassy/Consulate might require additional forms such as
DS-156, DS-157A, DS-158A. They are available online or at your local embassy/consulate.Once you are granted a U.S. entrance visa
, notify the school of your expected arrival date, and obtain a new I-20 if the dates have been deferred. Also, be sure to confirm your housing and transportation arrangements in advance of your departure from your home country. Keep in mind that you can enter the U.S. no more than 30 days before your program start date.